Work in progress… The ‘Basic’ OS version will be released with next weeks, and spoiler: it is a Free download.
Basic version enables you to :
- Study when and how bandwidth (a scarce resource!) is being used across all your IT infrastructure
- Measure in real time and over time many performance metrics at layer 4
- Automatically identify applications popularity and adoption rates: which applications are being used and by how many users at any given time
- Look into data history with best in class data visualisations with its embedded Elasticsearch and Kibana.
You will need :
- A router or managed switch with SPAN mirroring or much better a TAP
- A USB drive. The OS will boot on USB – no lengthy install times!
- A keyboard and a screen to configure the OS on first boot
- Any low-cost Intel(R) x86_64 host you can find to boot the OS with at least 1 CPU, 1 mezzanine network adapter, 4 GB ram, 1 HDD (SDD recommended)
- 10 minutes to plug everything together and run the initial boot configuration
- 5 more minutes to send us queries, questions, etc. We don’t have the FAQ yet – your questions will help us to build it over time